Sunday, August 1, 2010

If you can't find it, make it yourself!

I've been searching and searching for a a bulletin board/key hang combo that was pretty and matched my kitchen decor. Today, I got so tired of looking (shopping is certainly not one of my favorite activities) that I decided to make one myself....

Here is the finished product:
















And here's how I did it:

1. Bought an 8.5 x 11 picture frame at Michael's, some cute hooks at Target, and attached them with a little help from a drill, a screwdriver, and my husband!
















2. Bought some beautiful scrap-booking paper (again at Michael's - my fav) and cut it to the size of the frame backing...
















3. Bought a 5-pack of thin, 8.5 x 11 sheets of cork-board...
















4. Removed the glass and placed the scrap-booking paper into the frame...
















5. Placed 3 sheets of the cork-board into the frame and on-top of the paper...
















6. Added the frame backing...
















7. And here it is complete...
















I no longer have to waste my time shopping when I could be playing with my puppy!




















xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment