Monday, September 20, 2010

Bean Burger ... Bazinga!

I plan on whipping up these deliciously simple burgers to chomp on while I watch the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory...


The ingredients...















Mash 1/2 can of canneleni beans and 1/2 can of black beans. Add 1/2 onion diced, 2 cloves garilc minced, 1/2 pepper diced, 1 cup bread crumbs, 1tbsp crushed tomato, one egg, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp parsley, salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
















Now here comes the fun part... divide the batch into six equal parts, rolling into balls and then flattening into patties. Since I don't eat meat, I've never made hamburgers or meatballs. This part of the recipe is surprisingly fun!
















Fry the patties up in a bit of oil... I used olive oil but you could certainly use the spray to cut the fat.
















Add some melted cheese or any toppings of your liking. Here I added cheese and avocado. So as not to waste the remainder of the beans, I've also made a black and canneleni bean hummus which made a delicious spread for the burger bun. I used the flat bread buns here, but any bun will do!

Enjoy!

*note to self - do not choke on Bean Burger while laughing hysterically at BBT*

No comments:

Post a Comment